Transform your Smartphone into a Satellite Smartphone
Thuraya SatSleeve Features
• Use your smartphone in satellite mode when you are outside mobile coverage areas.
• The SatSleeve Hotspot and SatSleeve + are simple to use, just connect your smartphone and SatSleeve via Wi-Fi through the SatSleeve Hotspot app to stay conne3.cted. Download the free SatSleeve Hotspot App from the App Store or Google Play.
• The SatSleeve Hotspot and the SatSleeve + come with a dedicated SOS button that works even when a smartphone isn´t connected.
• High Penetration Alerting (HPA) capability enables you to
receive calls even if the satellite antenna is retracted.
What's in the box?
• Main satellite unit
• USB data cable
• Universal travel charger• Thuraya SatSleeve Hotspot Main Unit inc. Hotspot stand: 142 x 69 x 38mm/ 290g
• Thuraya SatSleeve + Main Unit inc. Universal smartphone adaptor: 138 x 69 x 42mm /256g (Universal adaptor can hold smartphone between 58 - 85mm in width).
• Connectivity: 3.5mm headset jack, Micro USB, DC charging jack, WiFi ramge: 30m (Hotspot), Universal adaptor holds smartphones between 58 to 85 mm in width (SatSleeve +).
• Battery: 3.7V Li-ion, 2440 mAh
• Talk time: up to 3 hours
• Standby time:
- WiFi continuosly on: up to 9 hours
- WiFi off: up to 70 hours* (* incoming calls and SOS function still available on main unit)
• Satellite Data speed: Download up to 60 kbps, Upload up to 15 kbps (GmPRS)
• Power supply: Output DC 5V/2.0A (with EU/UK/CN/AUS adaptors)
• Operating temperature: -10°C to +55°C
• Storage temperature: -20°C to +70°C
How it works.
The SatSleeve Hotspot and SatSleeve + both connect to your smartphone to give you satellite coverage when you are outside mobile reception areas. The SatSleeve is a satellite phone in its own right, it simply connects to your phone via Wi-Fi through the SatSleeve Hotspot App to give your smartphone a satellite connection for calls, SMS and data.
1. The SatSleeve fits or connects to most late model smartphones running iOS or Android.
2. Download the SatSleeve Hotspot App from the App Store or Google Play store.
3. Pair the SatSleeve and your smartphone via Wi-Fi through the SatSleeve Hotspot App.
4. The SatSleeve has its own satellite SIM card that it uses to make a connection to the satellite.
5. Make and receive calls and SMS and use data on your smartphone using the SatSleeve as your connection.